This blog is to document the building of a model railroad, the Paducah and Lake Erie. The free-lance design is set in the current time, and meant to replicate the coal-hauling roads of southwestern Pennsylvania. This version of the P&LE is a bridge line that derives its name from my wife's home town (and well known to Illinois Central buffs) and our former long time residence about 50 miles south of Lake Erie.

Monday, September 8, 2008

No Connection to LVRR

When I selected Black Diamonds Route as the name of my blog, I did so because my model railroad is primarily a coal ("black diamonds") hauling railroad. Period!

Imagine my surprise this afternoon when looking up the Lehigh Valley RR, I found its slogan to be "Route of the Black Diamonds" (for the same reason), and with a crack passenger train "The Black Diamond". I in no way meant to infringe or encroach on that storied railroad's name.

For those logging on expecting to see something about the LVRR, my apologies and sincere hopes you will keep coming back to see the progress on the Paducah and Lake Erie.

No comments: